January 22, 2010

Three more sleeps and NO MORE WORK!!


This past October I celebrated 25 years with the company I work for (I started when I was 5) and I'll tell you if I ever slacked off (which, of course I didn't) I sure as heck made up for it in the last 6 weeks. There was so much to finish, train on and hand off and still there were files and work related things that I would pick up and scratch my head wondering why the heck I ever kept them. Well, they're gone now. After a terrific lunch at the Bengal Lounge in the Empress Hotel with my boss and my replacement, I bid a fond farewell to my work laptop, my client files, my company vehicle and my blackberry. I got in our beat up pick up truck and felt a sense of loss....FOR ABOUT 4 SECONDS!!! I work for a great outfit with some pretty great people, but I can't believe how good it feels to walk into my home office and have nothing to do! I'm simply giddy with glee!

Miss O and I still have lots to pack up over the weekend and somehow have to pack 6 duffels worth of stuff into 4. We have a few more hugs and farewells to deliver but for the most part, we have our act together and are ready to go. Olivia has one more morning of preschool before we go and I think her teachers are planning a little something special for her. She knows we're going on a big boat trip, but I don't think she grasps the magnitude of what's been involved or how different the next year of her life will be - I think she thinks it's just another weekend on the boat and wonders what all the fuss is - it's all so wonderfully black and white when you're 4.

Ron arrived safely in St.Martin 3 days ago and has been busy getting to know Exodo and her systems and has plenty for us to do when we arrive also. It's hard to imagine that this is all finally coming together for us and we're so excited for whatever adventures and experiences lie ahead.

No comments: